OUR POLLINATE ENERGY SOLUTION
Our solution is a distribution network that brings life-changing products to people who need them most
The problems facing India’s urban poor are complex, so the solution needs to work on many levels. Pollinate Group brings life-changing products straight to families’ doorsteps, educating customers about products and providing payment plans to make them affordable. We do this through a network of door-to-door sales people – our Pollinators.
What is a social business?
We operate as a social business – this is not a new concept, and in fact it’s how many businesses first came about. A social business is an entity that operates as a business but:
- has a social vision/mission (aim is not to maximise profits) and
- is financially self-sustainable (not dependent on donations or grants) and
- profits are reinvested in the business with the aim of increasing social impact.
In other words, a social business is a financially self-sustainable organisation with a purely social agenda.
There are three models of social business. Firstly, a business can employ people who are vulnerable, like Daughters of Cambodia, which provides training and employment to women enslaved in the sex industry. Secondly, a company can operate as business as usual, and donate profits to a social cause, like Newman’s Own Salad Dressing or Thank You Group. Or thirdly, a business can model its operations around providing services/products to poor markets, which is what Pollinate Group does.
How does our business model work?
Who are they and what is their role?
Our Pollinators are local Indian men and women who come from disadvantaged backgrounds but have an entrepreneurial spirit and want to make a difference in their own communities. Through Pollinate Group, they get the opportunity to start their own business going door-to-door in slum communities selling our life-changing products.
In order to get a new Pollinator off a running, we provide them with a Business in a Bag. This is essentially a tool kit with everything they need to manage their own business: from simple things like a transport allowance to more complex tools like smart phones with a Salesforce cloud management system.
What type of products do we offer?
We are dedicated to offering products that best suit our customer’s needs. We have a rigorous testing and trialling process in place for new products and product lines, which takes place over a 3-6 month period. This process includes undertaking a needs assessment, procuring the most appropriate product based on a set of criteria (affordability, durability, portability, supplier reliability, servicing availability, etc), providing existing customers with demonstration products for them to use and test, obtaining feedback from those customers and then launching a closely monitored trial. We then make a decision as to whether to incorporate a product into our portfolio.
Sunking Pro 2
- Accredited by IFC’s “Lighting Africa” quality standards (also adopted by the IEC)
- Four modes: torch, desk lamp, room light and hanging light
- LifePo battery, which is non-toxic and one of the best commercially available battery types
- Rigorous manufacturing and quality control oversight by the product’s designer
- Durable and long-lasting design, which suits to the less than ideal conditions of use
- Works on any biomass fuel, including firewood
- Up to 80% reduction in particulate matter
- Up to 50% reduced cooking time
- High Temp Thermal Plastic Handles
- Up to 60% reduced fuel requirement
- The Home 60 provides bright, 100 lumen diffuse fixed room lighting to three separate rooms.
- Three light modes controlled by wall-mounted switches: Turbo (100 lumens); Normal (50 lumens); Low (20 lumens).
- LED charging indicator displays charging effectiveness on a scale of 1 to 5 to help optimize panel placement.
- 5 year lifetime, 6000 mAh Lithium Ferro-Phosphate (LFP) battery.
- Active battery management automatically switches to low power when battery is running low, giving user 5 hours of additional light.
LifeStraw Water Filter
- Enhanced estimated lifetime filtration capacity of 30,000 litres.
- Filter removes virtually all bacteria (99.9999 percent), protozoan parasites (99.99 percent) and viruses (99.999 percent) that can contaminate water.
- Doesn’t require electrical power, batteries or replacement parts.
- Uses hollow fiber technology which meets the standard for the “highly protective” category of safe water interventions by the World Health Organization.
- Easy backwash cleaning system.
Sunking Wind Fan
- The Sun King Wind unites advanced solar technologies with progressive design to deliver power and performance, ensuring comfort to off-grid households.
- Portable, rechargeable fan that comes with a 15W solar panel with a 6 meter wire.
- 90 degree oscillating capacity that comes with 3 speed modes lasting 10, 8.5 and 7 hours on one full charge respectively.
- Three-wing, polymeric blades are non-corrosive and minimize vibration for quiet operation. Its lightweight design reduces motor resistance for increased performance and reliability.
- The motor is designed for high performance and durability, while keeping the noise level down.
- Sleek smartphone with a 5 MP Primary Camera and 4.5 inch screen.
- 1 GB RAM with 1 GB internal storage expandable up to 8 GB.
- Weighs just 270 grams and is WiFi, Bluetooth and GSM enabled.
- 2000 mAh battery with a 2 MP secondary camera.
- The Nokia 130 comes with a 1.80-inch display.
- The Nokia 130 Dual SIM can be expanded up to 32GB via a microSD card.
- A dual-sim phone that comes with built-in Bluetooth and a radio.