Pollinate Energy Education Fund 2017-12-07T12:13:06+00:00

GIVE CHILDREN ACCESS TO A QUALITY EDUCATION

Imagine arriving at school every day just to find out your teacher hasn’t shown up – again.

Imagine you are required to be fluent in English to get a job that pays a wage above the poverty line – but your school only teaches in Urdu.

Imagine you have ambitions to go to university – but your education ends after Year 7 because that’s all the free government school system offers.

Mohammad Ali – 12-year old son of our Pollinator Amreen – doesn’t have to imagine this. It’s his reality.

But you have the power to change his future – and the future of other children just like him.

Help us kick start an Education Fund to help us send 100 children of Pollinate Energy – like Mohammad Ali – to school.

Pollinators are local men and women whom we train to go door-to-door selling life-changing products like solar lights in India’s slum communities.

It costs $200 up-front per year for a child to attend a school with aged-based quality curriculum and dedicated teachers. Parents who know education is critical can’t afford to pay this hefty tuition fee and are forced to borrow money from ‘loan sharks’ instead. Faced with high interest rates and an inability to pay, they often succumb to the debt and are forced to remove their children from school. This ensures the cycle of poverty will continue.

OUR SOLUTION?

We want to provide our Pollinators with a $200 education loan for their children so they can send their children to school.

The terms require the Pollinator to pay back 75% of the loan in monthly installments over the course of the school year. They can spend the remaining 25% on their child’s books, stationery and other learning tools. The repayment will return to the fund to help another child in 2019 – or if the Pollinator still needs the support, they can apply for a second loan to ensure they keep their child in school for another year!

With only $200, a Pollinator can provide their child with a quality education for an entire year.

Help us get this fund ready now so kids can go to school in March!

DONATE TO OUR EDUCATION FUND

DONATE

OR

DONATE TO OUR ONGOING WORK IN THE SLUMS

DONATE